Friday, September 25, 2009

wings of my own

the airport is
a busy place
full of people
busy
running
rushing
to a far away
destination

the planes take off
they soar
high
into the sky
moving
upward
and onward
carrying
dozens of people
to a new place
a new life

watching
the scene
makes me sad
for I know
that
here I am
just me
by myself
lonely and stuck
in today
in yesterday
in the steep
downward spiral
of mundane
activities
of mind-numbing
endeavors

its a reality
rooted
in the hopelessness
that surrounds me
it is grounded
in the unrest
that threatens
to engulf
my being


but yet
I hold on tight
to the dream
to the hope
to the knowledge
that one day
I too
will spread my wings
and fly

fly...
to a better tomorrow

2 comments:

halfshared said...

You know what I think? I think that you do have wings, and you are soaring very high. The destination might not be what you had in mind, but who is to say it's not the perfect place for you to go? Just hold on tight...You're doing great.

Bas~Melech said...

{snif} ... don't we all...