Monday, March 29, 2010

Good yom tov

It's erev Pesach, and I have a lot of more important things to do than sit at the computer and type up a blog post. And I had in mind to write some much more positive blog posts. I wanted to write about how amazing it was that Hashem sent us the things we needed for yom tov in the most incredible way. I wanted to write about how amazing it is that three years after they filed for foreclosure on our house we are still pesach cleaning the very same home we did three years ago. As my father says "Hashem is very good to us; He gave us very dumb enemies."

But right now, all I can think about is the ceiling in the kitchen. Or, shall I say, the former ceiling in the kitchen? All that's left of it is a huge puddle and a gaping bubble of collected rainwater... I don't even know what to think, what to say. I feel like there must be a lesson that Hashem is trying to teach us. Last year the fridge broke on erev Pesach, this year the ceiling collapsed... Just when we thought we were finally finished with the stresses, finally finished worrying about the bills...

All I can say is, I hope that just as Hashem took the yidden out of their slavery and misery in mitzrayim, hopefully He will take us out of this. Hopefully we will spend next year in yerushalayim, as we eat the karban pesach in happiness and content.

Have a good yom tov, Leshana habah beyerushalayim!

No comments: