Friday, December 26, 2008

Desperate Faith

Why do you say I am so strong,
When I know I'm really not?
Why do you say I deal so well,
When in truth my nerves are shot?

Don't you realize my dear friend,
That it's simply not so true?
That I have challenges and doubts,
And I don't know what to do?

Why do you insist I'm great,
When I'm not so great at all?
Do you realize when you say this,
That I feel like I might fall?

Don't you realize I have questions,
On when my troubles will end?
And don't you realize the amount
Of hurt I need to mend?

Do you begin to realize,
How hard this is for me?
And I am coping a whole lot less,
Than anyone can see?

Do you know that I try so hard,
But feel like I only fail?
And despite my front of bravery,
I want to scream and wail?

Do you understand the hurt behind it,
When I say I never cry?
And you want me to shed a tear,
But I'm not sure I even try!

Do you realize my dear friend,
That my faith is out of desperation?
So to say I'm so amazing,
Is a real exageration?

1 comment:

halfshared said...

I hear ya loud and clear. There is a face that the world sees and a face that stays hidden from everyone, but is still there.
{{ Hugs }}