Sunday, May 31, 2009

His Hand

I was walking on the street with my friend today. We saw a mother scold her (obviously upset) son. "Go! Run to Tatty! You will be late for shul! Run!" There had been a number of men who had just came from that house, and my friend and I were speculating which of the men might be the young boy's father.
"I think it is the one to the right," my friend declared. I had to disagree. "Sorry, but you can't be right. Look, the man on the left stuck out his hand, obviously waiting for his son to grab onto it."

And sure enough, we watched the scene play out another few seconds, and the young boy grabbed onto the hand of the man on the left. Because, the boy's father was holding out his hand....he was waiting for his son.

Lately, things have been tough. I have been challenged again and again, and in the last week or so, more than ever before. I have felt alone. But...if I look carefully enough........there is my father, sticking His hand out, waiting patiently for me to join Him. He is holding out His hand at all times, simply waiting...waiting for me to grab onto it.

3 comments:

Floating Reflections said...

Thank you....I really needed to hear those words. I am amazed that you are able to find the strength to continuously overcome your nisyonos, Hashem must be proud of you.

little sheep said...

wow. that's beautiful.

halfshared said...

I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time...I hope things get easier for you and that you feel His love for you, always.