Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why don't they believe?

Recently, I was listening to two girls talking about how worried they are about shidduchim. I asked what they mean. So one of them asked me if I am worried about shiduchim. I replied. "Of course not. I am going to marry the boy I am supposed to marry on the day I'm supposed to
marry him. Not a day earlier and not a day later." "Do you honestly believe that" She asked me. "Yes", I replied. "Really? You believe it a hundred percent?" She asked. "Yes. Of course
I do." Was my answer. She looked skeptical, as If I was trying to sound like this big tzadekes even though I'm not.
How should I have explained to her that I'm not this big tzadekes, and that if I wouldn't believe that Hashem was taking care of me I probably wouldn't be able to get up in the morning.

That's what I mean by desperate faith. I'm not sure if desperate is the right term. I mean, I'm not desperate, it's just that I NEED my faith.

It's like the mashul that there was a man who was shlepping some heavy packages down the road- by foot. When someone offered him a ride, he accepted gratefully, but insisted on keeping his packages on his lap. "Its enough that you are giving me a ride, I don't want to burden you
with my packages also."

As silly as the man is, this is the way of the world. People think they should take over for Hashem, or maybe that they should help Him out. But it's ridiculous! Hashem doesn't need our help! And anyway, we aren't being a help to him by worrying.

So I leave it to him. Really, it's my only choice. If I was really thinking that all the financial responsibilities of my family were mine and I didn't have help, I would give up. It's not possible for me to do it all.

But it's not my problem. It's His problem. Same with everything else I am dealing with. The problem isn't mine. The solution is out of my hands.

And knowing this, combined with the knowledge that Hashem loves me and that He wants only good for me, I know that while things may seem tough, it's all good.

2 comments:

halfshared said...

I am learning a lot from you. Thank you for going public with your thoughts.

Desperate Faith said...

If people gain, then its worth it...
thank you.