Thursday, April 30, 2009

Something to be grateful for?

People never know what is going on in other's lives, do they?

I met you tonight in the grocery store, each of us shopping for our mothers, and you peeked over at my shopping list....

"You are lucky, my list is so much longer than yours"

It didn't occur to you, when you said that, that my list was short because each thing we needed was thought over...and over...and over...and then mostly rejected. I'm sure you never dreamed that although the pantry and fridge are bare, this is all we will be eating for the next bit. I am sure it never occurred to you that you should be grateful that your mother handed you a full list...

How many things do I have, that am I complaining about, that I should really be grateful for?

1 comment:

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

...Rabbi Yagen is obviously much more powerful in Hebrew itself...he's one of the only really "honest" speakers I feel..