Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reflections On Pesach Cleaning...

Having just spent a whole bunch of time cleaning my house for pesach, I found myself reflecting...

About a year ago, they started the foreclosure proceeding on our house. We started fighting back, stalling for time. One year, and countless mistakes by the mortgage company later, they are no closer to taking our house back than they were a year ago.

And so, yes, pesach cleaning is a real chore. Nobody likes doing it. But I am so grateful to Hashem that we still have a house to clean.

8 comments:

me too said...

DE, you're one special person...

Anonymous said...

your last line is the best...
puts everything into perspective

nmf #7 said...

Agree with Tembow. Counting blessings right now.

the dreamer said...

so like you to look at the bright side...
:P

Floating Reflections said...

May you clean this same house next year - just without the worries. You are a true inspiration and I hope that you feel the inspiration that you give to others inside your own heart too.

Desperate Faith said...

Me too, I think you're special too. :-) But hey! Staying positive only helps you feel better...

TB, glad I could do that for you! ;)

Nmf, good! Me too! Like I said, it makes life easier to live.

Dreamer, wow! You made me smile with that comment! I'm trying....

FR, well, actually I wouldn't mind cleaning some teeny little two room apartment next year- if you know what I mean, but I'll gladly come back here to help my mother clean this house. :-) but I get your Bracha- and amein!

Floating Reflections said...

Teeny 2-bed apartment...just give me the boy and I'll be happy with one room! ;)

Desperate Faith said...

Floating Reflections, A one bedroom apartment sounds pretty nice at this point too... :-)