Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Memory....

"Uh, Dry Eyes, I don't know how to ask you..."

"What Tatty?"

"Well, um, I have some bills and...."

"Tatty, do you need money?"

"I hate to ask you Dry Eyes, but..."

"Tatty, it's my pleasure. How much do you need?"

"I hate to do this Dry Eyes....but I need $2,000"

"Not a problem Tatty. Let me get a check."

(takes out checkbook, begins writing, davening meanwhile for the right words to come to mind.)

"Here it is Tatty."

"Dry Eyes, thanks you...I feel terrible to take like this"

"Tatty, after everything you and Mommy have given me and done for me, this is nothing. Really, the least I could do to repay you."

As the smile returned to my fathers face, and that proud-business-man look replaced the ashamed-of-stooping-so-low look once again, I had to thank Hashem for putting the right words into my mouth. B"H.....

5 comments:

the dreamer said...

I won't say I wish I could be like you, because I don't. I don't ever want to be faced with what you're going through. But I do want to say that I wish I will one day have your strength of charactor.

Desperate Faith said...

Dreamer, I don't know. Is that strength of charachter? I think Hashem put those words into my mouth to make my father feel better.
And please don't get the idea that I am going thru something so rough. It is honestly not that bad. :-) B"H

Anonymous said...

(((Dry Eyes)))
you are truly amazing! i wish i would have the strength to give and give and give of yourself all the time like you do (though not in the same circumstance)

David_on_the_Lake said...

omg

Desperate Faith said...

David on the lake, please explain! What did you mean by that?